Deciding on the Service
After your Funeral Director or you contact me about the funeral the following happens:
- I will arrange a time to meet with you at your home or another convenient place of your choosing
- The meeting will last as long as necessary but it is advisable to set aside about two hours
- During the meeting we will talk about the person who has died. You may find it helpful to have a relative or close friend with you at this time
- We will decide on readings, poems, music, tributes from relatives and friends, and anything else you wish to include
- By the end of first meeting we will have an outline of the service to provide to the funeral director or printer to prepare the order of service
- The reflections you share with me in confidence will be respected.
Following our meeting I will write a tribute that reflects your wishes. Of course you will be able to check and approve the tribute before the funeral.
Keeping in touch
Sometimes after our initial meeting changes are required. For example:
- A change to who wishes to give a tribute at the funeral
- A more suitable version or a music track may be found
I will keep in touch to confirm the arrangements for the service, and deal with any changes there may be.
On the day
On the day I will be there to officiate and present the service, and make sure everything runs smoothly at the service.